Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oh, hello again.

I'll write a bit every day, she says.

And suddenly a month has gone by...oops!

Ah, whatever. I've spent enough of the little time I've spent actually writing this thing going on about "should have, could have", etc, and less time actually doing it. A pattern of mine in various areas of my life, for sure. However, the more I can channel my guilt energy around this into actually doing something, the better. And on a day like today, it is easy to feel inspired to sit down in a sunny coffee shop and do some writing! Plus it is the first Sunday in three weeks that I haven't incapacitated by some form of sickness (in chronological order: huge hangover, nasty cold, vicious flu). Hooray for an entire day off, and having the health to enjoy it!

One of the main reasons I keep pushing myself to write more frequently is so that I don't just keep repeating myself on here. I mean, it's not like there are many people reading at all, but for the few that are I would rather not bore you with the same once-or-twice monthly ramble about how I should be writing more.

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about this blog - what it is essentially about, if there is even any point in me writing it. I had a passing thought of just starting a new blog, one with a more focused topic that might be of interest to more people, and just might keep me on task a bit more. However, I concluded that this was an avoidance tactic, and while I am sure I could come up with a more specific topic to write some interesting things about, I still have a lot to say all kinds of things - and while there is a very good chance that not many people will care, I know that a lot of the things I struggle with (as a woman, as a young adult, as a performer, as a Torontonian, as a person very concerned with the state of the Earth) will resonate with someone. So basically my blog has been, and will continue to be, a glorified journal, of sorts...but one that opens up the possibility for dialogue with others, and encourages me to be honest, open, and aware of what is going on in my internal and external environment.

So, that's what I'm aiming for. That, and much more frequent posting. Beyond that I can't really say what will happen - but I hope that you'll check back from time to time to find out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment