Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm On a Boat - or, Tired and in Lack of a Title

Sooo. I've decided to change things up a little bit. Hopefully this will be conducive to me actually writing more than twice a month. There are various factors that have contributed to my lack of blog entries, and I think that one of the big ones is that I am putting a bit too much pressure on myself to write these in-depth, eloquent, and cohesive entries...and it's not that I don't enjoy that type of writing - it is generally what I gravitate toward as a writer - but the idea of an in-depth exploration of an emotional issue is not constantly appealing. There is great value in it, but if it is stopping me from writing at all, the value goes decreases considerably.

The new goal I've set for myself is to write something every day - a little, a lot, an essay, or a random thought - and we'll see what comes from that (and yes, Martin my love, you are a big part of
my inspiration for attempting to do this!) So the topic isn't really changing, it's still not anything
really specific...it will change depending on where I am at each day. I am at a pretty interesting point in my recovery right now (see earlier posts if you don't know what I am referring to), so I am sure there will be stuff about that, but I don't want to focus on that alone. So as I said, we shall see what comes of it...and hopefully it will be interesting enough for me to get another follower or two :)
Speaking of my few-but-wonderful blog followers - I owe most of you, I think, an email - I will be getting to that soon! My apologies for the lengthy delay.

'til tomorrow,

Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment